A seamless means for wirelessly controlling your camera from a mobile device or computer, the Case Air Wireless Tethering System from Tether Tools is a compact device affording remote control and monitoring capabilities. The Case Air attaches to your camera via USB connection, and can be mounted via its hot shoe, and then produces an 802.11b/g/n ad-hoc Wi-Fi network for connecting to the camera via the Case Remote app for iOS or Android. A wireless range of approximately 150' is well-suited to a variety of on-location shooting applications, and within the app you are afforded a live view image along with tap-to-focus control, and pinch-to-zoom within the live view image for more critical focusing. Within the app you can also adjust exposure settings, including aperture, shutter speed, and ISO, as well as access creative shooting controls, such as exposure bracketing, bulb timer, focus stacking, HDR, and time-lapse shooting modes. The Case Air also lets you wirelessly share imagery from your camera to your mobile device for instant sharing on social media.To mount the CASE Remote Air, you only need a hot shoe, 1/4” screw hole and clip. The lightweight CASE Remote Air is easy to carry and transport, and can be used with the CASE Robotic Camera Mount to have total control over shooting angles.
Getting StartedTo start, verify the following:
- The Case Air is fully charged (green light) – Please charge the Case Air via a Wall Adapter or a power bank battery.
- Have fully charged batteries in the camera.
- Disable WiFi communication on the camera itself and/or have removed any WiFi cards in the camera.
- If the camera takes two cards, please use just one.
- The correct cable is connected from the Case Air into the USB port on the camera.
Best practice for start up:Turn off your camera and the Case Air. Completely close the app or the software if you have previously opened it (do not simply not minimize it).
Then follow this sequence:
- Keep the camera turned off
- Connect the Case Air cable to the camera via the supplied USB cable
- Create the WiFi network by turning on the Case Air (press & hold 2 seconds, a blue flickering light indicates the Case Air is creating the WiFi, a solid blue light indicates the WiFi network is created)
- Connect your device (tablet or phone or computer) to the Case Air WiFi
- Open the app or software
- Turn on the camera and allow the app/software to recognize the camera – tap Refresh if needed.