This is currently the world’s widest zoom lens for Sony full frame E-mount cameras. It provides a wide range of perspective from 102° (18mm) to 130° (10mm) and it is excellent for landscape or architecture photography.
Characterized by its especially compact and lightweight form factor, the Laowa 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 FE Zoom from Venus Optics is a petite and flexible ultra-wide-angle zoom for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Its sleek size and versatile range of wide-angle focal lengths make it ideal for landscape, nature, and architectural shooting as well as astrophotography applications. Its optical design incorporates both extra-low dispersion and aspherical elements in order to correct a variety of aberrations and distortions for sharper, clearer image quality and accurate color rendering. A Frog Eye Coating has also been applied to repel dust and moisture from the front element of the lens to benefit working in trying environmental conditions. Additionally, the manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture changes to suit video applications, and the rear of the lens is threaded to accept 37mm screw-in filters.
- Ultra-wide-angle zoom designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 10-18mm lens can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 15-27mm equivalent focal length range.
- Especially sleek design measures just 2.75 x 3.6" and weighs approximately 1 lb.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color neutrality. Two aspherical elements are also featured to limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness.
- A Frog Eye Coating has been applied to repel both dust and moisture for added protection when working in inclement conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 5.9" away with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.
- The manual aperture ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Five straight diaphragm blades are used to render crisp 10-point sun-stars when photographing point light sources with smaller aperture sizes.
- Accepts 37mm filters via a rear filter mount and is also compatible with the optional Laowa Magnetic 100mm Filter Holder.
A photography cannot take a good landscape photo without using a filter. We have carefully designed a 37mm filter thread at the back of the lens for photographers to use ND filters with ease.
Due to the extreme compact size, our lens is able to take 100mm-wide filter system as opposed to the much bulkier and more expensive 150mm system being used by other UWA lenses.